Easter Sunday falls on April 9, 2023. If you're feeling inundated with an impossible to-do list of
decorating Easter eggs
and crafts, scouting locations for the annual egg hunt, and deciding who will get the honor of wearing the Easter bunny costume this year, the last thing you probably want to add to the list is preparing and cooking a big holiday meal. For those hoping to enjoy a
or casual Easter dinner with family and friends, here's a list of restaurants that plan to be open for brunch, lunch, or dinner around the region. Yes, one less thing to worry about on Easter Sunday so you can focus on gathering the family together, finding something
to wear, and preparing for church service and all of the other festive activities.
- Applebee's: Founded in Georgia in 1980, Applebees's is a family-favorite for weeknight dinners, weekend lunches, or holiday gatherings. The restaurant chain offers many options for an Easter feast, from chicken wings and pasta topped with blackened shrimp to sirloin and fish and chips. Make sure you save room for dessert. Find a location near you.
- Bonefish Grill: If you're looking for seafood options galore (Maryland-style crab cakes, calamari, crab topped fries), then this is the place to consider for a celebratory meal for you and your family. Find a location near you.
- Burger King: While some fast-food chains are closed for the holiday, you can count on the home of the Whopper to be open for a casual lunch or a late afternoon bite. Find a location near you.
- Capital Grille: Treat the family to a holiday meal at this upscale steakhouse with various offerings from delicious starters (French onion soup, Caesar salad) to Ribeye steak sandwich or even lobster salad. Find a location near you.
- Carrabba's Italian Grill: This restaurant chain was started by two brothers from Texas, and you can count on finding tons of delicious Italian dishes for everyone here. Think Short Rib Marsala, Rigatoni Al Forno, and, of course, cannoli cake for dessert. Find a location near you.
- Cheesecake Factory: Cheesecake Factory can't be beat for a large gathering that has plenty of options for everyone in your party. Of course, there cheesecake is pretty popular too. Find a location near you.
- Chili's: This chain got its start in Texas in 1975, and has options for everyone that include fajitas, baby back ribs, burgers, and more. Find a location near you.
- Cracker Barrel: We'd be remiss to not include this spot, which is a favorite among Southerners for their country cooking and homestyle meals. While the restaurant might not be offering a special Easter menu, you can find ham on two Country Dinner Plates. Find a location near you.
- Golden Corral: Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2023, enjoy their all-you-can-eat buffet on a budget with endless options that include burgers, soups, salads, and more. Find a location near you.
- IHOP: For the breakfast-loving family, this is the spot for you. Find all of your morning favorites, from buttermilk pancakes and French toast to Belgian waffles and omelettes. Find a location near you.
- Krystal: Founded in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in 1932, this spot serves burgers, spicy wings, chili, the famous "chik", and more. Find a location near you.
- McCormick & Schmick's: A must-stop on Easter Sunday for the Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp and Grits or Crabcakes Benedict. Find a location near you.
- Olive Garden: There's sure to be something for everyone at Olive Garden, from appetizers (fried mozzarella) to "amazing alfredos!" to desserts (try the tiramisu). Find a location near you.
- Outback Steakhouse: This popular steakhouse is cooking up family-style feasts like center-cut sirloins, ribs, and even surf and turf options. Find a location near you.
- Red Lobster: If you're looking to celebrate with seafood, this chain, which got its start in Lakeland, Florida, has a menu of options, from shrimp and scallops to lobsters and more. They also have a children's menu as well as non-seafood options. Don't forget to ask about the catch of the day. Find a location near you.
- Waffle House: While this is a Southern standby all year long, it's also open on Easter Sunday too. Choose from their World Famous Waffles to Hashbrown Bowls to Country Ham and Eggs Breakfast. Find a location near you.
Editors' Note: We recommend calling ahead for hours of operation at specific locations, as some of these restaurants may change schedules, open late, or close earlier than usual.