As Editor-in-Chief of Southern Living, Sid Evans is responsible for the editorial vision, direction, and content for the iconic brand. He oversees a talented team of editors, writers, designers, photographers, and content producers who are passionate about all things Southern, and who deliver on the brand's promise of inspiring readers with the best our region. His job is to connect with the Southern Living audience on a variety of print, digital, social, and event platforms, and to ensure that we put out the highest quality content on Southern food, homes, places, and culture.
Honors & Awards
- 2021: FOLIO Eddie and Ozzie Awards: Winner, Full Issue, Consumer Home and Living; Winner, Single Article, "Black Restaurants That Fed the Civil Rights Movement"
- 2020: IACP Awards: Winner, Culinary Travel Writing: "Jubilee, Jubilee," by Rick Bragg
- 2019: FOLIO Eddie and Ozzie Awards: Digital Momentum Finalist; Editorial Team of the Year - Honorable Mention; IACP Awards: Culinary Travel Writing: "The Most Perfect Sandwich in the World," by Rick Bragg
- 2018: Society of American Travel Writers/Lowell Thomas Award: Gold Winner, Travel Coverage
- 2017: FOLIO Eddie and Ozzie Awards: Winner, Use of Photography, City and Regional
- 2016: Ad Age: Magazine of the Year Finalist; ASME Best Cover Contest: Finalist
- 2014: National Magazine Award Finalist, Personal Service: "30 Secrets to Southern Charm," by Caroline McKenzie; FOLIO Eddie and Ozzie Awards: Winner, Feature Design
- 2011: National Magazine Award for General Excellence (Food, Travel, and Design Category); Garden & Gun Magazine
In 2011, Evans joined Time Inc. as a Group Editor overseeing five titles: Southern Living, Cooking Light, Sunset, Coastal Living, and This Old House.
Evans was previously Vice President and Editor in Chief of Garden & Gun, a Southern lifestyle magazine based in Charleston, South Carolina, which he guided to the National Magazine Award for General Excellence in 2011.
Prior to Garden & Gun, he was Editor-in-Chief of Field & Stream, where he led the brand to 11 National Magazine Award nominations, from 2002 until 2007.
Prior to Field & Stream, he served as the Editor of Men's Journal for two years, and he also held senior positions at GQ and Sports Afield.
Evans has written for multiple publications, including Southern Living, Garden & Gun, the New York Times Book Review, Departures, and Travel & Leisure.
About Southern Living
Southern Living, a Dotdash Meredith Brand , celebrates the food, homes, places, and culture of the South. We reach 7.2 million readers a month. Our content is written by experienced journalists and fact checked for accuracy. Learn more about us and our editorial guidelines .